Thursday, August 13, 2009

Crazy Driver!

When you drive the same route enough, you start to realize little things, like where the potholes are and that sort of thing. On the route to/from taking my hubby from work there is a place where an off ramp meets a street, and often times cars turning right on red will cut in front of traffic moving forward through the intersection. So usually when I come to this intersection and my light is green, I'll pause a moment when I see a car coming up on the right thinking that they may try to pull out in front of me. I did this today, and while I paused to see if this car was going to pull out, another car runs the red light and goes flying through the intersection what felt like just inches in front of me. I instantly realized, had I not let off on the gas a bit thinking that car was going to turn, I would have been hit by this car going atleast 45mph! (By the time I realized that this car had just crossed in front of me and looked to the left, the car was already down the on ramp and on the freeway!) When I learned to drive I was taught by my father that you have to drive your car and everyone elses, meaning you do have to anticipate what people may do, and that little bit of knowledge may have infact saved my life or the life of my daughter today. Thanks Dad.

2 comments:

  1. I get so much angrier at driver's when my baby is in the car. Watch out for this mama bear!

    Glad you are okay. I like what your father said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are OK and followed your Dad's advice!

    ReplyDelete