Hey, look at that, I'm writing a blog post! Sorry for not being around much lately, we're still getting adjusted to my hubby being back to work, and his schedule keeps changing, and I'm trying to get back on track with being the only stay-at-home parent and maid service. So now on to Terrific 2's-day.
Amryn has always enjoyed music, even when she was a tiny little infant she enjoyed being sung to sleep. This love of music has only grown with her, and she now can't hear a catchy tune without moving and grooving. She has varied taste as well, she has just started getting into kids music, after receiving a CD player and CD's for her birthday, but she also likes the music that my hubby and I listen to, especially on the radio in the car, and can actually sing along with some of the songs! So I thought it would be fun to write about what Amryn's "playlist" would look like if she had her own iPod. (This may be something I might actually create to put on my iPod for car trips etc.)
1. "I Gotta Feeling" by The Black Eyed Peas - She loves singing and dancing to this one, though it comes out kind of like "I ababa dababa tonight...goodnight." She loves to yell "Smash it!" too.
2. "The Wheels on the Bus" - This is a recent addition to her repertoire, she loves to sing and make all the hand motions.
3. "Hey Soul Sister" - by Train - She really likes to sing the "hey's" this is also a good song for car seat dancing.
4. "If Your Happy and You Know It" - She often requests to sing this song, she loves to clap, stomp, and shout hooray!
5. "Use Somebody" - by Kings of Leon - This one she kind of surprised us with one day, it came on the radio and we could hear her singing from the backseat, this is one where she knows a lot of the words-like entire phrases.
6. "Say Hey (I Love You)" by Michael Franti - She is so adorable when she sings this song, because it comes out "I yuv uwwww, I yuv uwwww, I yuv uwww" this is also another favorite car seat dancing song.
7. "ABC's" - When she sings them by herself, she sometimes skips sections of letters, like she'll get A-G and then skip to Q-Z. If someone is singing with her she will sing all the letters. I love the way she says "dub-u" and "Xxxxxx".
8. "Black Horse and a Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstell - Amryn loves to sing the "whoo-hoo's"
9. "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" - She learned this one watching Nina and Star on Sprout, I would this was probably the first song she started singing along to.
10. "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga- Much to the chagrin of my hubby who can't stand Lady Gaga, Amryn and I are fans.
So there you go, Amryn's top 10 playlist, in no particular order. I'm pretty proud of my little girl's eclectic taste in music, and I love listening to her sing, watch out American Idol 2024!
For your enjoyment, a video of Kings of Leon!
1 day ago