Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Extreme Couponing

I want to be one of those Moms that can buy like $200 worth of groceries for 75 cents. But the entire process and lingo of "couponing" just seem so out of my element. Also it seems that a big part of making it work is to stockpile certain items when they are on sale and you have a coupon. Now that's all well and good if you live in a big house and have a giant pantry or garage to store 25 boxes of elbow macaroni or the like. But we live in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment that is quite frankly already busting at the seams with 2 adults and 1 semi-spoiled baby and all her stuff.
Plus all the time spent cutting and sorting and digging through recycling bins for extra copies of 35 cents off deodorant coupons, I don't think I can manage to squeeze in one more thing into my day.

Plus I think we do a pretty good job with saving money on groceries. We shop at Winco, pretty much only buy generic brands, we buy meat in bulk and repackage and freeze it in meal sized portions. I think if we had more than just the small refrigerator sized freezer compartment we would freeze a lot more. We buy snack items (chips, microwave popcorn, pop etc) at Dollar Tree, and household items such as laundry soap and toilet paper at Costco.

Well, I guess I'll give it a try and atleast get a Sunday paper this week. Who knows pretty soon I could be digging through our apartment complex recycling center....yea...umm...maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment