Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice OH HELL NO!

Amryn is officially a walker now so I figured she needed some good sturdy shoes to get around in, so today we went to the mall to go to Stride Rite. Wow that was a crazy experience. It is Springbreak here in Oregon, so the store was packed and they only had 2 people working. But I was already there and Ammy really needed shoes so I waited patiently. Finally one of the sales people looks at me and says "Did you sign up on the list up front?" Umm...list?! How the heck was I supposed to know there was a list?! But it worked out okay and Ammy got her foot measured (Bad Mommy moment #1 I've been shoving her size 4 foot into a size 3 shoes oops) and I picked out 2 shoes to try on which they only had 1 of in a 4 1/2. Well I had a 15% off coupon to use, but the sales lady tried to convince to take advantage of their buy 1 get one 50% off sale. Yea, these things are already going to cost me a fourtune, I don't think I want to spend another $30 thanks. So she got her "big girl shoes" and then we walked around the mall for a bit.

While walking around I notice that they have the Easter Bunny there, and much like with Santa Clause kids can meet and get their picture taken with the Easter Bunny. Amryn did okay with Santa, I sort of just backed her in and sat her down and she sat there a good minute before she realized what was going on, then it sort of happened in slow motion, her face started to crinkle up and then she started to cry, but not before we got a pretty good looking picture (minus the tongue sticking out like a puppy dog).

So when I saw the Easter Bunny, and the no Easter Bunny line, I thought PERFECT! I take Ammy over and figure out what picture package to get. Normally this would be where I'd post the lovely picture of my daughter and the Easter Bunny, sadly things didn't work out so well. As I'm walking over to where the Easter Bunny is sitting on a bench, Amryn starts FREAKING OUT! She refused to sit on or near the Easter Bunny. I even tried sitting down on the bench and holding her, but she wouldn't even sit on my knee next to the Easter Bunny. So after reviewing the horrible pictures, I decided not to purchase any and to not traumatize my poor baby any further by trying to take "a good picture". Guess I wasn't going to fool her again!

My only guess is that Santa was okay because he looked like a person. This was her first encounter with a "character". I guess if I were her I would have lost my shit too, this giant 7 foot fuzzy things with glasses and HUGE eyes is trying to take me away from my MOMMY?!?! YEA NO!! Oh well, there's always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment