Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Escape!


I have been waiting none too anxiously for the day when Amryn would realize, "Hey, if I just put my leg over these bars I think I could totally get out of this crib!" Well that day happened to be yesterday. I put her down for her nap around 1:30pm, she usually sleeps on average about an hour and a half, when she was still asleep at 3:30pm, I thought it was unusual but not unheard of since she has taken two and a half hour naps before. Then I hear a doorknob start to rattle, it scared me at first because I thought someone was trying to open our front door again (that's a store for another time) until I realized that the noise was coming from down the hall. I get to Amryn's door and open it slowly to find her standing there with a big smile on her face. I have no clue how long she was awake before she tried to make her big escape, but her crib was full of books she had pulled off the shelf, so she must have been reading books for awhile before deciding to make a break for it.

Hubby now has to lower the crib again, there is one more notch on it still, I'm just hoping it will be enough! We are definately not ready for her to be in a toddler bed, but I also don't want her climbing out and hurting herself. If lowering it doesn't work then we will have to turn the crib around, since the back is higher than the front.
I fear that one of these days I'm going to lay down for a nap while Amryn is napping and awake to find her standing next to my bed! The little stinker!

No comments:

Post a Comment