Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Where did 2 years go?

Yesterday I finally got our digital camcorder hooked up to our computer to upload over a years worth of little videos and pictures. Once they were on the computer I couldn't resist watching a few of them, my little baby playing with toys, our first family trip to the zoo, and Amryn digging into her 1st birthday cake, and I wondered to myself...where did all the time go? I can not believe my little girl is going to be two next month, but then I think about the stubborness, the fit throwing and the high pitch screaming that we've had going on here the last couple of months and I know we are right in those "terrible 2's".

But, there are some pretty terrific things about 2's too, she's more and more verbal everyday as now she can start to form sentences with 3-5 words, she's also now old enough to really participate in activities and she remembers and talks about things we have done (after our recent beach trip she now asks everytime we leave the house if we're going to the beach). She is also now old enough to play with some pretty cool stuff - coloring in coloring books, playing with dolls, and I can not wait to give her the kitchen we bought her for her birthday (we got it on 50% off clearance after Christmas for $49.99 and have had it in storage ever since)!! Having an almost 2 year old also means we have a little helper, she can bring things to you from across the room, or pick up stuff off the floor, a guy at Hollywood video got a good laugh when he heard Jason ask Amryn to get a video game off the bottom shelf for him. So I guess 2 won't be all terrible...ugh if we survive potty training.

Amryn devouring her 1st birthday cake

Amryn at the beach drawing in the sand

4 comments:

  1. Following you from FFF on MBC!

    http://stacievaughansblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now Following from MBC (FFF Group)
    You can find me at
    http://www.jaelcustomdesigns.com

    My little man just turned two in January!
    *sigh* They grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goes too fast, doesn't it?! Enjoy that beautiful baby girl! Following from FFF...
    Hope you are having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two is terrible and terrific all at once. Your little lady is gorg, good job there hehe!

    ReplyDelete