Monday, April 27, 2009

Love at first sight...

I've been on the look out for a doll for Amryn, just a regular old baby doll, I didn't want one that cried, peed, cooed, ate,pooped, took the SATs, wore makeup,danced, walked, drove,or any number of other "baby" things. I looked at Target before her birthday party, but just couldn't find what I was looking for.

Well, Amryn got a gift card for Fred Meyer (for those of you not familiar it is similar to Target but has groceries, owned by Kroger) so we went there today to continue baby search 2009. And there she was, a simple $7.49 baby complete with clothes and hat. I handed her to Amryn and her face just lit up, and right at that moment the song "Love of a Lifetime" started playing in the store and the moment was complete, my baby had found her own baby. I also got her one of those little toy baby bottles with the fake "milk" for $1.29.

Amryn has been playing with and "feeding" her baby all afternoon. Sometimes she tests out the bottle herself, but I keep telling her it is for the baby not for her, and then she'll put the bottle up to the dolls mouth, it is so sweet! She is so smart!

She got a couple hundred dollars worth of toys for her birthday, but the $8.78 baby and bottle seem to make her just as happy!

I'll try to get a picture and post it soon!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for her first baby doll! My little one got a doll for Christmas, but I think it will be more enjoyable when she's older. Right now she likes to play with her eyelashes and clap her feet together. :)

    ReplyDelete