Sunday, April 19, 2009

Watch out, it's MOMZILLA!!!!



Amryn's birthday was Thursday, so we had her party yesterday. Over a week ago we ordered the cake from Safeway mostly because we had received a coupon in the mail for a free small cake for Amryn to smash up. We were supposed to pick the cakes up at 11am yesterday before heading over to her party which started at noon.
At 9am I get a message from the bakery saying that they don't have the decorating kit to make the cake that we ordered. Okay fine whatever, I called back and told her to just use the toy from the other Pooh cake they had.
At 10 am, one hour before we are supposed to pick it up, she calls back and leaves a message saying that they can't use the whipped cream icing that we had ordered because of the way they decorate the cake. I was totally livid! I called the store and asked to speak to the manager, who then passed me on to the bakery manager.
And then I went Momzilla!! I told him that we had ordered this cake over a week before, and they are just telling me NOW that they can't make the cake? I told him that they were ruining my daughters 1st birthday, and that there was no way I was going to eat a cake with sickening sweet frosting, and I certainly was NOT going to pay for a cake I wasn't going to eat! Well that got them into action, they called another store and got the original cake kit I had ordered, and hmmm all of a sudden it was no problem to make it with the whipped cream frosting, AND he tells me that the cake is going to be free!
Then we got to pick up the cakes...AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN MAKE THE LITTLE CAKE!!! It was RIGHT THERE on the order form! The manager got this scared look in his eyes, and then basically offered us anything we wanted. So Amryn got to dig into an 8inch round cake! We ended up with $42 worth of cake for FREE!




1 comment:

  1. Ha!! Gotta LOVE free stuff! And Amryn looks so funny digging into that huge 8 inch cake! Happy birthday to Amryn!

    ReplyDelete